Terms and Conditions
The company, Bitgoals Ltd. ("Company") has created this website https://bitgoals.com/ ("Website").
By using the Website, you confirm that you accept the following terms and conditions of use ("Terms") and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use the Website.
Any and all information on the Website does not constitute and should not be considered as advice or as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to acquire any STP Tokens or any other digital asset whatsoever to any person in any jurisdiction. More generally, the Website is not intended to amount to investment advice of any nature.
Any and all information on this Website has been provided to you for information purposes only and may not be relied upon by you in evaluating the merits of investing in, contributing to and/or acquiring STP Tokens or any other digital asset whatsoever. Any references to digital assets valuations are not a guide to future performance, or a reliable indicator of future valuation or performance.
The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for the correctness, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the Information contained on the Website or for any loss, damage or lost opportunities resulting from the use of the information. Any views, opinions or assumptions may be subject to change without notice.
1. Applicability of the terms
Please read these Terms carefully before you use the Website. These Terms provides Company information and stipulate the Terms applicable to the use of the Website. You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
The Company may update, revise, delete and/or modify information on the Website without notice. Every time you wish to use the Website, please check these Terms in order to ensure you understand the Terms that apply at that time.
Information should only be considered current as of the time of initial publication on the Website or as otherwise stated on the Website without regard to the date on which you may access the information. These Terms are only in the English language.
The Company may revise the Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes that are made, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.
2. Company information
The Company is a private company limited by shares, registered in Cyprus under, with company number 546425 and a registered office at the following address: Gladstonos 116, M Kyprianou House, 3032, Limassol, Cyprus.
The Company is fully compliant and has all licenses required by law for the provision of the services delivered through the Website.
To contact the Company, please email email@example.com
3. Restricted access
The Website is not directed to any person or corporate entity who is a resident of any jurisdiction where the use of the Website would be contrary to the applicable law of that jurisdiction. The Company does not represent that content available on or through the Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
4. Website availability
The Website is made available free of charge. The Company does not guarantee that the Website, or any content displayed or published on it, will always be available and/or be uninterrupted. The Company may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website for business and/or operational reasons.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and all other applicable terms and conditions that apply to the Website, and that such persons comply with the same.
5. Website material
The Company is the owner of all intellectual property rights on or in connection with the Website and/or in the material published and/or displayed on it. All such rights are reserved. These intellectual property rights include, but are not limited to, patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, trade-marks and service marks, trade names, utility software, applications, domains, source code (including source code materials, database rights, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, renewals/extensions/modifications thereof and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist, now or in the future, in any part of the world).
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal use.
You have no right to modify copy, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt any hard or digital copies of any materials you have printed off and/or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
The Company's status (and that of any identified contributors) as author of content on the Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at the Company's option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
6. Responsibility for loss or damage arising out of use of the Website
The Company does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. The Company excludes all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Website or any content on it.
The Company will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
In particular, the Company will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; and/or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage, arising from or in connection with your use of the Website.
7. Website linking
You may link to the home page of the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the Company's reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the Company's behalf where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you. The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page.
The Company reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the Website other than that set out above, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Prohibited uses
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful, fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other analogous harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website in contravention of the provisions of these Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used for or in connection with the provision of the Website; and/or
- any equipment or network or software owned or provided by any third party.
9. Bitgoals ecosystem
The Company remains the sole and full right owner of the Bitgoals ecosystem. The term "Bitgoals ecosystem" is to be understood as a set of organizational, technical, software, hardware, software and hardware resources and an auxiliary infrastructure combined to ensure the smooth operation of transactions using the STP token within games, applications and services that support transactions in STP tokens and/or integrated with the Bitgoals ecosystem. You should not expect to get a hold on the management of the Bitgoals ecosystem and/or the Company.
The Company is fully compliant and has all licenses required by law for the performance of activities and provision of good and/or services delivered through the Bitgoals ecosystem.
10. STP token terms of purchase and use
- The purchase of STP tokens is the purchase of a legal software product, and the corresponding sale is conducted in accordance with the standards and regulations of the European Union. STP tokens are a part of the payment infrastructure of the STP ecosystem, possession of which grants their owners the right to use STP tokens in any permitted way, not prohibited by applicable law and/or STP token ecosystem documents. As potential STP token holder, you are responsible for determining whether the jurisdiction applicable to you permits the purchase of STP tokens.
- STP tokens held on users' wallets as reflected in their balance, are not cash in the understanding established by the applicable law and no interest is charged or applicable on them in any manner whatsoever.
- The Company provides you with these Terms and related information materials as a first step in the process of a potential purchase of STP tokens.
By placing an order for purchasing STP tokens, you:
- accept and agree to these Terms;
- confirm and warrant that you are legally authorized to purchase STP tokens in your jurisdiction;
- confirm and warrant that you are of sufficient age established by law in your jurisdiction to acquire STP tokens, or have obtained permission from a legal guardian who has reviewed and accepted these Terms;
- confirm and warrant that you will be solely responsible for any restrictions and risks associated with the acquisition of STP tokens;
- confirm and warrant that you have experience of using and understanding the operating environment of cryptographic tokens and software systems based on blockchain technology;
- confirm and warrant that are not a citizen, resident or are located in any territory or state in which activities related to cryptocurrencies and/or cryptographic tokens are prohibited or require special authorizations.
11. STP token wallet
During the process of onboarding on the Bitgoals ecosystem through the Website, the Company will provide you with a unique crypto-address in the form of an electronic wallet ("Wallet"). Using the Wallet, you may monitor and confirm that your STP token purchases are reflected at the Wallet. Knowledge of a unique Wallet is not a receipt for STP tokens purchase and/or does not indicate in any way that any party with such knowledge has ownership or possession rights for purchased STP tokens.
12. KYC/AML policies
- The Company may decide, at any time, that you or any individual STP token holder or group of STP token holders provide additional information about themselves and the transactions that are being made. In order to comply with current applicable laws, regulations or recommendations in any jurisdiction, the Company is entitled to request information about suspicious settlement transactions. The Company may also require the provision additional information as required by legislation in any jurisdictions, including but not limited to suspicious transactions equivalent to $ 1,000 or more.
- The Company adheres to the European Union standards of KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) to comply with documentation requirements. The Company aspires, in necessary cases and reasonable limits, to identify you as a holder of STP tokens by cross verification of your data according to government observatory lists, including the possibility of using third-party verification and authentication services. If the proposed transaction for the purchase of STP tokens requires additional verification, the Company may require additional evidence of identification from you as a STP token holder, and is fully entitled to not authorize any purchases of STP tokens until you provide an additional verifiable identity authentication for checking. Based on the results of verification, the Company at its own discretion will approve the transaction for the purchase STP tokens, or refuse the approval.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge and agree that:
- The company maintains a level of verification that requires the participation of STP token holders, and the verification of the possibility of obtaining permission to purchase STP tokens on the basis of information provided by the holders, as well as the Company's ability to verify the holders and their compliance with the Company's internal policies;
- You or any individual may not be able to achieve the desired level of verification and approval for the purchase of STP tokens;
- The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the appropriate level of verification for each STP token holder, as well as the right to refuse the approval of the purchase of STP tokens at its own discretion and without giving reasons;
- The Company may from time to time adhere to policies that limit the levels of verification by nationality, country of residence or any other factor that may affect your right to purchase STP tokens.
- You shall not hold the Company, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partner companies and related companies, directors, employees and/or advisors of the Company liable for any damages, including special, incidental, direct, indirect or related damages of any kind (including legal and any other costs) arising from or related to verification results, arising from a refusal to approve the purchase of STP tokens, or the approval of the purchase of STP tokens, now or in the future.
- The Company reserves the right to reject payment from you for the purpose of STP tokens purchasing if you do not meet the AML/KYC requirements that we set or you are unable to fulfill the terms of any verification and screening procedures; and
- The Company may cooperate with law enforcement agencies and, among other things, take the appropriate measures permitted by law for any suspicion of your using of STP tokens or participating in the sale of STP tokens for any criminal purpose, including money laundering.
- To prevent the use of STP tokens or the Bitgoals ecosystem for any criminal purpose, including money laundering and/or financing of terrorism, the Company require you to provide at least the following information:
- Name and surname;
- A photograph of your passport or other equivalent identification document;
- Documents confirming your address of residence/registration;
- Proof of your ownership of an e-mail address;
- Your contact phone number; and/or
The Company may request both fully and partially specified information and documents, as well as require the provision of additional information at its own discretion.
13. Limitations and exclusion of liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, PERMITTED BY ANY APPLICABLE LAW, EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY CONTAINED HEREIN APPLY TO ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES WHICH WERE CAUSED BY OR ARE RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE STP TOKENS OR THE BIGOALS ECOSYSTEM FOR ANY REASON OR CIRCUMSTANCE, IN ANY KIND IN ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BREACH OF WARRANTIES, VIOLATION OF THE CONTRACT AND VIOLATION OF NON-CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), AND THAT THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING PROFIT LOSSES, DAMAGE TO GOODWILL OR LOSS OF DATA, CAUSED IN ANY FORM IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE, PURCHASE OR THE INABILITY TO PURCHASE STP TOKENS. YOU FURTHER EXPRESSLY ADMIT THAT THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE BEHAVIOUR OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OTHER STP TOKEN HOLDERS, AND THAT THE STP TOKEN PURCHASE RISKS FULLY REMAIN ON YOU. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY HAVE ANY LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO PURCHASE STP TOKENS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE REMOVAL OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIMITATIONS, OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR SOME DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION AND THE ELEMENTS UNDER CONDITIONS CANNOT BE APPLIED TO YOU. IN PARTICULAR, THESE TERMS ARE NOT APPLIED IF WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OR FRAUD VIOLATE THE RIGHTS OF YOU OR ANY STP TOKEN HOLDER OR IF A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR SUCH DAMAGES SET FOR APPLICABLE LAW CANNOT BE APLIED.
14. Amicable settlement of disputes
You and the Company, (collectively, the "Parties") agree to make due efforts to resolve any disputes, claims or demands arising in respect of the use of the Website, STP tokens and the Bitgoals ecosystem, including the Parties' respective rights and obligations under these Terms ("Dispute").
If the Parties or their authorized representatives cannot resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) calendar days after the referring of this matter to them, the Parties will resolve the Dispute in accordance with the next section.
15. Arbitration and applicable law
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section. The number of arbitrators shall be three. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be London, UK. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of England and Wales.
16. Full agreement
These Terms and Conditions establish full understanding between you and the Company, with respect to the use of the Website, the sale and purchase of STP tokens, and the use of the Bitgoals ecosystem. You acknowledge that there are no warranties, statements, conditions or agreements, expressed or implied, between the Parties, other than those expressly provided in these Terms. In case of any discrepancy between any translated versions of these Terms, the version of these Terms and Conditions in English shall prevail.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, alter, add or delete parts of these Terms at any time by publishing the amended Terms on the Website. You will be deemed to have accepted such changes to the Terms by accessing to the Website. If at any time you disagree with any part of the current version of the Terms, you shall not purchase STP tokens or use the Bitgoals ecosystem in any manner whatsoever.
You agree that if any part of these Terms is found to be illegal or invalid, in whole or in part, such provision shall be invalid in respect of such jurisdiction solely to the extent that such determination of invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the validity or the enforcement of any other method or jurisdiction and does not affect the remaining provisions of the Terms, which will continue to be in full force and will remain valid.
19. Waiver of rights
The inability of the Company to require or enforce your strict compliance of any provision of these Terms or its failure to exercise any right under these Terms shall not be considered as a waiver of the Company to any such provision or right in this or any other case. Except as expressly and in particular set in these Terms, no claims, approvals, agreements, waivers or other acts or omissions by the Company shall be deemed to be a modification of these Terms, nor shall they have legal effect, if they are not documented in a physical letter addressed to you in person by a diligently appointed official, representative or agent of the Company.